AllCity Wireless End of Life Support Overview and Guidelines
Products reach the end of their Product Life Cycle (EOL). This in part may be due to market changes, software dependencies and hardware innovations. While this is a part of the overall product life cycle, ACW recognizes that EOL challenges need to be addressed in order to maintain business operations. The following end-of-life policies are intended to help customers better manage their end-of-life planning and what support efforts ACW will provide to help with support of EOL ACW platforms and technology.
The general policy guidelines are:
- ACW will provide 6 months’ notice of the affected product’s end-of-sale date and/or the last day when the affected product can be ordered.
- Access to ACW’s support site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a period of 5 years from the end-of-sale date for hardware and operating system software issues and for a period of 3 years from the end-of-sale date for application software issues.
- Spares or replacement parts for hardware will be available for a period of 5 years from the end-of-sale date. We will provide spares and replacement parts in accordance with our Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process. This only applies to systems with and active support agreement.
Software support will be as follows:
- For the first year following the end-of-sale date, we will provide bug fixes, maintenance releases, work-arounds, or patches for critical bugs reported.
- After the first year and for Operating System SW -where available- we will provide bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds or patches for a period of 3 years for operating system software. It may be necessary to use software upgrade release to correct a reported problem.
- After the first year and for Application SW -where available – we will provide bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds or patches for a period of 2 years for application software. It may be necessary to use software upgrade release to correct a reported problem.
ACW customers will need to ensure to have a current and fully paid support contract with ACW. Please contact your Reseller regarding contract renewal during the end-of-life period so that we can support you right through the end-of-life transition period.
Support guidelines should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected products within your network:
- For hardware or software that is not covered under a service contract, customers may purchase a new contract until 12 months after the end-of-sale date.
- Renewal of your service contract will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
End of Product Life Cycle: A process that guides the final business operations associated with the product life cycle. The end-of-life process consists of a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. Once obsolete, the product is not sold, manufactured, improved, repaired, maintained, or supported.
Operating System Software: ACW open source Linux operating system software that runs on ACW hardware.
Application software: ACW software that requires the presence of open source Linux operating system software.
Software Maintenance support: The time period that ACW may release any software maintenance releases or bug fixes to the software product. After, Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software.